Listing your phone number with Google My Business is an excellent idea. Here are some of the benefits:
- Makes it easier for callers to search for your number, and know they have the right one.
- If the callee's cell phone supports it, your outbound calls may show up on their cell phone with your Buisness Name, as well as relevant picture and information.
- Control what information is displayed when your business shows up on Google applications, such as Maps.
How do I get my phone number on Google My Business?
You will need to create your Google My Buisness Account. You can do the following:
- Go to https://business.google.com/add
- Select or create the Google account you wish to use to manage the Business
- Search by Business Name and Address
- If your business is listed this indicates someone has already claimed it. If this is the case, you can click the result and select "Request Admin Rights"
- If you are not a local business you can click on the prompt "Not a local business?". You will then need to set your Business type. The Brand Option will allow you to create a non-local Google + page.
- Select "This doesn't match - Add your business"
- Fill out the requested information and click Continue.
- When prompted check "I am authorized to manage this business and I agree to the Terms of Service"
- Once you click Continue, a Google+ page will be created for the buisness.
- A prompt will appear asking "How would you like to get your verification code?" - select the preferred method and continue with the Verification process.
Once you’ve verified your business information, updates you make to your local business—such as contact details, description, photos, business hours—are eligible to show up on Google Maps and other Google properties.
Note: Sharpen is not able to assist you with the Google My Business setup process. This article is for reference only. For more information please see Google's Google My Business Help Center page.