Fax machines traditionally use phone lines to send and receive data. With Sharpen Web Faxing this process is done over the internet rather than through a normal phone line. There are several advantages to web faxing; but first, let’s talk about how to get your fax machine up and running.
- To translate an analog fax signal to a digital VoIP signal you will need what is called an ATA adapter.
- ATA adapters convert analog signals to digital signals so that the signal can be sent over the internet to a server. You can find examples of ATA adapters here at our hardware page: sharpencx.com/hardware under Accessories > Fax Audio Codes
What are the advantages to Sharpen web faxing?
- Easy to use web fax application
- Fax to email - receive faxes to your email address and avoid having to work with installing fax machines and adapters
- Re-download received faxes. You’ll never lose your faxes!
- More secure than faxing over telephone line
How reliable is web faxing? Is it secure?
- Web faxing is actually more secure than standard fax. It is much more difficult to intercept a fax sent over the internet than it is to intercept a fax over telephone line.
- Web faxing over the internet rates the same as standard faxing over telephone line for reliability. The same limitations apply for both.