Web SMS allows your office to send and receive text messages directly from the app.sharpencx.com portal. This allows you to easily communicate with others in a familiar fashion without having to use your cell phone.
How do I use Web SMS?
To use Web SMS you will first need to go to End User > Applications > Web SMS. To create a new conversation, click the Start new SMS button on the bottom left of the page and a prompt will appear.
- Send from allows you to select which phone number you would like the text to come from. This is the number that the recipient will respond to.
- Send to is the number you would like to send the SMS to. Enter the 10 digit number with no formatting i.e. 8552493357
- Enter your text here... This is where your message to the recipient goes. You may enter up to 140 characters including spaces.
Click the start message button and your message will be sent out and a new thread created in the portal.
Once the thread has been created you have some management options available.
- Name allows you to set the desired display name for the number if it has not been retrieved automatically.
- Assigned To allows you to assign the thread to another app.sharpencx.com user.
- Status Open indicates the thread is still in use. When you mark the Status as closed then the thread will be deleted.
- Category This allows you to identify the type of conversation (i.e. Sales, Support, Billing, etc).
- Agent Only when checked, the text in the enter your text here... will be applied as an internal note into the thread when the Send button is pressed. This text is not delivered to the recipient and can only be viewed in the Web SMS application.
How do I delete a message thread?
To close the message click the ‘Status’ drop down menu and select ‘Close.’ After the popup menu appears, click ‘Yes’ to remove the message.