You can update your Outbound Caller ID Name by downloading the attached spreadsheet and following the steps below:
Please only submit requests for local numbers that have already been ported or purchased.
- Step 1. Complete the attached LIDB Template using the following info.
- OTC Number – (By default this field will be populated ‘212450’)
- NPA – “Numbering Plan Area” or “Area Code”
- NXX – “central office code" or "exchange"
- Line # - “Subscriber Line Number”
- Action Code – Options to updates numbers by inserting, deleting, or changing caller ID.
- Class – Classifies number as Business or Residential line
- Billed Number Screening - (By default this field will be populated as “D - Delete restrictions”)
- CNAM Action – Options to updates numbers by inserting, deleting, or changing caller ID.
- Privacy Indicator – Allows Caller ID or restricts name display as “private”
- Caller ID Name - 15 characters or less including spaces.
- OCN - (By default this field will be populated ‘979E’)
- RAO – (By default this field will be populated ‘Q23’)
- The first line is an example for Sharpen's Number.
- Step 2. Submit the request to email@example.com with the attached updated LIDB form.
- Step 3. Please allow 5 to 7 business days for the CNAM to update
- Please Note:The Caller ID that shows up when you call someone is determined by the receiving carrier’s database. Some carriers may take longer to update depending on their update schedule.